Video of Jack Ma
Watch this video from Jack Ma. Not only it is the best career advice I have heard but it is also a sincere and profound statement about regrets in life.
It made me think about my own career path… How about you?
- “Before 20 years old: Be a good student but make enough mistakes. Enjoy the ride.
- Before 30 years old: Follow somebody. Go to a small company. To learn passion and dreams. And learn to do a lot of things. It is not which company you go to but which boss to follow.
- From 30-40 years: Think about whether you want to work for yourself. Do you want to be an entrepreneur?
- From 40-50 years: You have to do all the things you are good at. Do not try to jump to a new area. Focus on your strengths.
- 50-60: Work with young people and invest in them
- After 60: Spend time for yourself.